Shopping should be a fun thing right? Well no, not always, not for me anyway. There’s certain items I have a love/hate relationship for. It’s the feeling when summer roles around, and I’m happy to finally be getting some vitamin D, but I get a little anxious when shopping for swimsuits. Unfortunately, theres no getting around it, and if you plan on heading to the beach, lounging by the pool, or planning a get-a-way to your next vacation, you should be doing it in style!
Finding the right swimsuit can be stressful for numerous reasons, but one thing I try to keep in mind when searching for the right one is that we all have different shapes, and we should embrace that. I’ll be honest, I don’t always feel comfortable showing off my body, but I’m starting to become more and more confident in who I am, which always helps!
There’s a few questions I ask myself before I decide to flaunt these guns, buns, and thighs (yeah right, I don’t have any guns…but I’m working on it, LOL!)…
1. Does this swimsuit suit my figure?
2. Do I feel confident in it?
3. Can I swim in it?
I know these questions may sound like they’re easy to answer, but I always seem to struggle with them! And after much trial and error (and when I say that, I mean it), I’m sharing a list of swimwear items + trends I’ll be rocking all Summer long, and so should you!
1. THE CRINKLE SWIMSUIT: This is probably one of the best materials I’ve discovered this season. After ordering the Noisy May set in orange and the black ASOS bikini set pictured above, I was impressed with the stretched fabric and how unique, but relaxed the fit was. It’s a plus that they’re comfortable to swim in too!
2. THE CLASSIC POLKA DOT: There’s no surprise polka dots are on the list! The one I’m wearing above is from ASOS, designed by New Look. This ultra classic feminine print has a way of looking bold, but subtle at the same time. The best way to complete this beach look is to pair it with edgy accessories. Adding a white cover-up for a final touch will also do the job.
3. THE ELASTIC/BELTED WASTE: I don’t own this fit just yet, but I’m currently on the hunt! This style gives off a modern 1950’s vibe. It fits snug on the waste, and I’m all about showing those curves in the right places. If you got it, why not flaunt it?! The bottom half of this swimsuit can really accentuate those hips, and if your looking to pull in that waistline, this is probably the piece for you.
4. THE HIGH-WASTED/HIGH-LEG HIPSTER BOTTOMS: This is a current fave trend of mine and I’m 100% down for wearing both. To figure out which one is more suitable for you, just ask yourself: do I want to show off what my mama gave me OR do I want to go for a more traditional/sophisticated look? If you’re a hips don’t lie kind of person, you’ll probably want to go the high-leg route. If you’re a classic kind of gal, high-wasted bottoms always do the trick (especially after a few bites of eating, HA!).
5. THE ASYMMETRIC TOP: This fit definitely pulls through in the clutch, especially for all the ladies out there with small busts…where ya’ll at?! And you’d be surprised, but having a small bust does make it difficult to wear certain tops. The last thing you want to do is feel like an 8 year old boy, and this un-symmetric top brings the focus to your shoulders and neck. A quick tip – added ruffles gives the top a fun and feminine detail to it.
So there it is…some of my favorite beachwear ready faves for Summer 2018. I hope you enjoyed this post and just remember that whatever you wear, try to embrace who you are. It isn’t always easy to feel comfortable in your own skin, but you only live once, and if your going to live it to the fullest, now’s the time :).